Retired IT Solutions Architect
An accomplished, forward-thinking IT executive with 30 years of experience developing technical solutions resulting in competitive costing approaches and winning proposals. Proven record of success leading worldwide deployment of enterprise-class solutions leveraging emerging technologies Consistent delivery of results that included fully optimized performance and secure operations. Able to orchestrate complex initiatives in global, cross-functional organizations. Highly regarded for innovation and integrity in mentoring, guiding, and supporting top-performing teams that exceed goals. Active top-secret clearance (reinvestigated in November 2016).
• Team Building & Leadership • Creativity & Innovation • Technical Pre-Sales • Cloud Computing • Solution Architecture • Requirements Analysis • Information Technology • Initiative • Deployment & Migrations • Process Improvement • C-Level Communications • Client Relations
Experience & Accomplishments
Solution Architect for BAE Systems Intelligence & Security sector, Office of the President. Responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment opportunities being pursued by business areas within Intelligence & Security sector. Served as the Solution Architect and technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for acquisitions conducted by our customers across the Intel, Defense, and Civilian markets covering both enterprise-wide as well as point solutions for full life-cycle IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment requirements.
· Recruited by SVP, Strategy & Business Development as a key member of
proposal team pursuits, leading teams to develop technical solutions
resulting in competitive costing approaches and winning proposals.
· Developed solution strategy, selecting criteria, business requirements, and win themes for services delivering reliability, quality and cost containment.
· Created strong working relationships with subject matter experts, operational groups, financial teams, and peer organizations.
Overview: Joined the company as a Systems Architect in 1994 when it was known as SSDS, Inc., prior to a series of acquisitions. Was promoted over a 17-year span through a number of increasingly responsible management positions, culminating in promotion to Vice President, Microsoft Solutions. Built and led an award-winning Microsoft practice consisting of Microsoft-certified engineers and developers; assisted government and corporate customers both nationally and internationally with the accelerated adoption and productive use of proven solutions in a heterogeneous enterprise-wide technical landscape.
Vice-President Microsoft Solutions, L-3 STRATIS - 2005−2011
Led STRATIS worldwide deployment of enterprise-class solutions leveraging Microsoft technologies.. Plannedd and implemented numerous installations and authored corresponding operational documentation.. Reviewed proposals in providing guidance from a technical and customer standpoint.. Coached and mentored teams of engineers and developers to ensure high levels off employee engagement and to earn the confidence and trust of customers in creating and delivering best of breed solutions.. Acted as a liaison between customers and project teams; interacted frequently with C-level contacts.
· Army: 12,000 users, across 80 agencies, 24x7, classified and unclassified networks
· Air Force: 40,000 users, 900,000 email messages per day, 900 servers, classified and unclassified networks
· Unified Command: 98,000 users, 600,000 email messages per day, 400 LANS, 24x7, worldwide
· Federal Agency: 14,500 users, 24x7, 15 locations
· State Government: 10,000 users, 471 locations, seat management
· County Education: 2,800 teachers, 30,000 students, 13,000 desktop workstations, 57 locations
· Executive Office of the President
Education, Training & Certifications
Technology Areas of Expertise
Desktop as a
Service (DaaS), VDI, Crowdsourcing, OCR, Imaging, Cloud Technologies, IaaS,
PaaS, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Office 365
Exchange, System Center, Windows Server, Active Directory, Managed Desktop Services.
Business processes that rely on documents containing unstructured information.
BAE Systems to Deliver Desktops as a Service
Document Management Challenge Facing Government
Digitizing Government Documents - Xerox Intelligent Character Recognition Technologies
Xerox YouTube Video:
Mobile Scanning Solutions
Optical Character Recognition
Natural Language Processing